Irresistable Banana Bread
Updated: Oct 21, 2019
If you are looking for a delicious and easy recipe for baking during the weekend, this banana bread recipe was high in demand after my brunch with friends! Follow the easy baking steps below & enjoy!
- 1.5 cup (190g) of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup (85g) brown/coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup (96g) oats
- 1/4 cup (50ml) coconut oil
- 2 eggs (vegan version: 2 tbsp of grounded flaxseeds mixed with hot water)
- 1/3 cup (350ml) almond milk (or any other milk if you wish)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (65g) walnuts
- 1/2 cup (65g) brown sugar*
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Note: * you may add less sugar than indicated, depending on how sweet you like the banana bread to be. Also the more ripe the bananas the sweeter the bread will be.
1. Preheat your oven to 180c., place baking paper into a rectangular loaf pan.
2. While the oven is heating, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oats and brown sugar. 3. In another bowl mash the bananas, add coconut oil, almond milk, and eggs. If you are baking vegan banana bread then add 2 tbsp of grounded flaxseeds with 6 tbsp of boiling water and mix in a small bowl.
4. Now add the mixture from the first bowl to the second bowl. Set aside.
5. In a separate small bowl, mix in all the ingredients for the cinnamon topping, keep mixing until you have a wet sand texture.
6. Place half of the banana mixture into the loaf pan, and top it with the cinnamon topping. Add the rest of the mixture into the pan, and again add the cinnamon topping.
7. Place the pan into the oven for about 40- 45 minutes, you can always place a toothpick into the bread, if it comes out clean, your banana bread it ready!