Creamy, Healthy, Easy- Pesto
Updated: Jan 1, 2019
Did you ever wonder how to make your own homemade pesto, without additives and preservatives? Keep reading...
- 2 cups fresh basil (about 100 g.)
- 2-3 Cloves of garlic (adjust to personal preference)
- 3 Tbsp Pine nuts (about 25 g.)
- 2-3 Tbsp Nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Water
- Good Pinch of Himalaya salt
(we are almost there!)
Add all the ingredients into a blender, except olive oil and water.
Blend generously until you get a nice smooth, bright green paste.
Add in the olive oil, blend again.
Slowly start adding in water until you reach a desired paste of pesto!
Note: (Adding too much water at once into the blender will make the pesto rather watery).
Cook slowly, cook mindfully.